Bronx residential members vote unanimously to ratify a new four-year contract at a meeting on March 19th. This new deal will raise our wage $64.75 over the life of our contract, protect all our benefits and adds a new 401k contribution! Here are some more details.
- Increase in the wage rate of all covered full-time employees as follows:
- March 15, 2015: $10.00 per week
- March 15, 2016: $20.00 per week
- March 15, 2017: $20.00 per week
- March 15, 2018: $14.75 per week
- Part-time employees will receive an equivalent hourly increase ($0.25 in the first year, $0.50 in the second and third year and $0.368 in the fourth year).
- New hire and minimum rates will also be increased one time by $45.00 per week effective March 15, 2015.
HEALTH FUND BENEFIT MAINTAINED!
- Maintenance of the Service Employees 32BJ North Health Benefit Fund paid entirely by the Employer. No employee premium costs.
- Maintenance of the Service Employees 32BJ North Pension Fund paid entirely by the Employer.
LEGAL SERVICES FUND MAINTAINED!
NEW 401k BENEFIT!
- Effective April 1, 2016, Employers will commence participation in the Building Service 32BJ Supplemental Retirement and Savings Plan (SRSP), a 401k Plan, with an Employer payment of $5.00 per week for each eligible employee.
- Employees may make their own contributions to the 401k but are not obligated to contribute.