Our political work has an impact on us in the workplace so it’s something we need to do in the union too.

~ Anthony Faulk, 32BJ Member, Mid-Atlantic District

Solving Problems on the Job

There are many ways to get help if you have a problem on the job – and to get help filing a grievance if necessary.

  • Most worksites have at least one shop steward. That’s a co-worker who has been elected to help enforce the contract and defend your rights on the job. If you have a concern about work, the first thing you should do is talk to your steward.
  • The Contracts and Grievance Center in New York Metro and New Jersey makes it easy to get quick, expert help from 32BJ staff when you need it. Call or come in to get help right away.
    • New York Call Center: 212-388-3800
    • New Jersey: 973-824-3225
    • Hudson Valley: 914-637-7000
    • Mid Atlantic: 215-226-3600
    • Hartford, Conn:  860-560-8674
    • Stamford, Conn: 203-602-6615
    • Western Pennsylvania: 412-471-0690
    • District 1201: 215-923-5488
  • Each 32BJ district also has field representatives who help enforce contracts and build member leadership and activism. Make sure you know who the field rep is for your worksite.