BREAKING NEWS: Your bargaining team has reached a tentative four-year agreement with the Philadelphia School District!
The deal puts an end to concessions, increases your wages, adds full-time bus routes and much more. This is the best deal we’ve ever made with the School District in the history of District 1201.
The road to this new contract was not easy.
- August 2011, every member got a layoff notice that the District was contracting out all your jobs in 2012.
- In 2012, we developed a plan to save your jobs, get rid of the governor and elect a mayor who would support us. We formed political clubs to show the strength of our union.
- May 2012, more than a 1,000 32BJ members from District 1201, New York City, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and DC protested in Philly and across the state to save your jobs.
- June 2012, we reached an agreement to save all your jobs, but we agreed to concessions to keep them and help the District’s budget shortfall
- November 2014, we elected Governor Tom Wolf.
- May 2015, we elected a Mayor Jim Kenney.
- June 2016, you won your new contract!
This contract would not be possible without the incredible work that our members have put up over the last four years. You fought and won this contract!
But there is still one last step to make this contract official: ratification. It’s now up to members like you to vote and officially endorse this deal. That will happen next Saturday, June 11. Please note, the ratification vote will be instead of the regularly scheduled general membership meeting. The time and location is still to be confirmed.
Together, we won!